Fund Raising Alert: Strawberries at the State Fair
Now is the time to sign up for cleaning and preparing Strawberries for the State Fair Booth. Will you help the parish 'earn' $3,000? That is about $250 per day of cleaning. There will be about 700 pounds of strawberries to clean each day; the parish receives 35 cents per pound for the cleaning. You can just show up at 8:30 any morning between Wednesday, August 23 and Sunday, September 3. But it would be nice to know about how many folks will be coming. Signup sheets are in the back of Church – just put your name and phone number on the days when you will be able to help. Thanks! The parish will profit greatly from your time and generosity.
Annual Parish Mass and Picnic at Cherokee Park
Next Saturday, August 26th, is our annual Mass and Picnic at Cherokee Park. We begin with Mass at 4:20 p.m., followed by the picnic. The Men’s Club will be working the grill, serving up a variety of delicious meats. The buns will be provided by the Rosary Society. Parishioners are asked to please bring a salad, casserole and/or dessert to share with others. You will provide your own beverages. As seating is limited, bring along your own lawn chairs or blankets and perhaps a yard game or two to play. Don’t forget the bug spray – we still have pesky mosquitos. We hope to see many of our family, friends, and fellow parishioners at the park. Please note that there will not be a 4:00 p.m. Mass at the Church of St. Matthew on Saturday, August 26th.
Latest Blog News
Summer Mass Times
Community of Saints Regional Catholic School
Community of Saints Ice Cream Social Thursday, August 17th from 6-8 p.m.
- Who: School families, prospective families, staff, and all four of our parish communities!
- What: I scream, you scream, we all scream for FREE ICE CREAM! Need we say more? Oh, and maybe a friendly game of kickball and some yard games?
- Where: Community of Saints-hopefully outside by the ball fields, weather permitting.
- When: Thursday, August 17th, 6-8 p.m. Stop by for a few minutes or stay the whole time.
- Why: For many reasons. To socialize with school and parish community members, and feel appreciated by Community of Saints for supporting our school!
- How: Just show up!
Community of Saints enrollment grew nearly 10% the 2016-17 school year. We discovered that the majority of our new family inquires was due to our current families promoting the school. We feel a deep sense of pride in this, as it tells us that our families are happy, and want other families to experience what their child has experienced at Community of Saints.
We ask that our fellow parishes also continue to promote the school, and help us reach the goal of beginning the school year with 150 students! We are close to this goal, and we need you to help by spreading the word!
If you hear of friends or neighbors who are looking for a school or preschool for this school year, please encourage them to consider Community of Saints. We offer a high quality Catholic education in a small school environment that meets the individual needs of our students. We welcome students of all grade levels and would be happy to arrange individual tours for anyone who is interested in learning more about Community of Saints. Tuition assistance is available. No family is turned away due to financial barriers. Help us spread the word about our amazing school. Send them our way: ; . Thank you!
Bridget Kramer, Principal, Community of Saints Regional Catholic School • 335 Hurley Avenue East, West St. Paul MN 55118
Follow us at Facebook
August 2017 Calendar
St-Matts-August-2017-Calendar (PDF file)
St-Matts-July-2017-Calendar (PDF file)
St-Matts-June-2017-Calendar (PDF file)
May 2017 calendar (PDF file)
April 2017 calendar (PDF file)
The Good News
Brought to you by Alums and Families and Friends in support of Community of Saints Regional Catholic School
- How Benoit Came to COS
- Message from Fr. Steve
- Dollar-for-Dollar Matching Grant Until June 30
- Reunion Sunday Mass and Breakfast
- The First 5 Years at COS – A Brief Look Back
- COS’ First Graduating Class Just Graduated from High School
- Pastor of OLG Teaches 8th Grade Religion Class
- Leadership Team Takes on Literacy
- COS 6th grade boys basketball team wins city championship