Worship and Prayer
New weekend Mass times – effective 1/12/2019. Fr. Steve Adrian presiding.
- Saturday at 4:15 pm
- Sunday at 10:15 am
New daily Mass times:
- Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 8:00 am
- Wednesday at 8:00 am: Sacred Scripture/Communion Service
- Thursday at 9:10 am at Community of Saints School in West St. Paul (St. Michael's campus)
New Reconciliation times:
- 1st & 3rd Saturday: After 4:15 Mass until 5:40 pm
- 2nd & 4th Sunday: After 10:15 Mass until 11:40 am
THE POWER OF PRAYER: You can request prayers for yourself, family and friends by calling St. Matthew’s Prayer Line 651.457.0228. You can request prayers for healing, family unhappiness, help to find a job, addiction to name a few. All requests are confidential.
Winter Weather Policy
Faith Formation and Sacraments
First Communion/First Reconciliation Meeting
On Wednesday, January 16, there will be a meeting in church at 6:30 PM for parents/guardians with children who have registered to celebrate the sacraments of First Reconciliation and First Communion at St. Matthew.
Children preparing for the sacraments should also attend, along with the parent/guardian. This meeting is for both Faith Formation parents and COS parents who intend for their child to celebrate First Reconciliation at St. Matthew in March and First Communion at St. Matthew in May. This is a REQUIRED meeting. Questions? Contact Janelle Rohr, email Successfully Encodedor call or text 651-242-6004.
Faith Formation Classes Resume
St. Matthew Faith Formation classes for students in public school in grades 1 to 10 resume on Wednesday, January 16. Registered students should be dropped off at the church at 6:30 PM. Classes end at 7:45, and children can be picked up from the Parish Center. Faith Formation students preparing for First Communion will be in sacrament preparation groups in church that evening, and the parents/guardians of those students must attend a meeting that evening in church.
"A Very Touchy Subject"
Presentation on child safety for kids and parents/guardians. Wednesday, February 27, 6:30 - 7:45 pm at St. Matthew's Church. Please read about it here: st-matts.org/faith-formation-presentation-on-child-safety-wednesday-february-27
Liturgical Ministry Schedule
Volunteer Opportunities and Parish Needs
"Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me!" – Isaiah 6:8
We need volunteers to continue the work of serving our parish and community. Currently we have 1 immediate opportunity and 4 continuing opportunities. Details here: st-matts.org/opportunities-needs
– Mary Leibl, Volunteer Coordinator
Latest Blog News
- St Matthew January 2019 Calendar
- St Matthew October 2018 Calendar
- St Matthew September 2018 Calendar
- St. Matthew August 2018 Calendar
- St Matthew July 2018 Calendar
- St Matt's June 2018 Calendar
- St-Matt's May 2018 Calendar
- St. Matt's April 2018 Calendar
- St-Matt's March 2018 Calendar
- St-Matt's February 2018 Calendar
- St-Matts-January 2018 Calendar
Support St. Matt's via Amazon Smile
Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. When searching among the many charities registered at smile.amazon.com, type in “St Matthew Church St Paul” and you’ll find us.
You can use this link to choose St. Matt's as your charity: smile.amazon.com/ch/41-0707559
The Good News
Brought to you by Alums and Families and Friends in support of Community of Saints Regional Catholic School.
Click to download PDF:
The Good News Fall-Winter 2018
Fall-Winter 2018 highlights:
- COS Starts Year with 10% More Students and a New Board of Directors
- Celebrate Fr. Steve’s 50th Anniversary
- Annual Report: Record Breaking $275,827 Raised from 524 Donors
- COS Student Speaks at Aim Higher Foundation Event
- Meet the New Board of Directors
- End of Year Matching Donation Challenge!
- Gifts Given to Honor Frederick Commers (1936–2018)
- Gifts Given to Honor Sr. Patricia DeBlieck, CSJ (1938–2018)
- Honor a Loved One With a Gift in Their Name
- School Warms Up with a New Boiler
- Save the date: Reunion Sunday, May 19, 2018
Community of Saints Regional Catholic School News
It is one of our favorite times of the year as we begin to prepare for the arrival of Jesus! At Community of Saints, we have the privilege of acknowledging Advent Season and will spend these next few weeks preparing for the birth of Jesus through prayer services, acts of servant leadership, and regular religious education lessons and activities.
This year’s main act of service will once again focus on “Isaac’s Blessing Bags”. Isaac Garcia is a seventh grader at COS and began his mission a year ago to help support people without a home. His “Blessing Bags” are filled with toiletries, packaged food, and warm weather wear. If anyone is interested in donating to this amazing cause, please contact the school, or drop off items in the school office. Thank you!