Worship and Prayer
ROSARY/CCW NEWS: On Monday, October 29 from 12:00 Noon to 1:00 p.m. Rosary in the Chapel along with the traveling picture of Our Lady of Guadalupe, brought to us from Our Lady of Guadalupe Church and the Guadalupana Society. Bring along your Rosary to pray with members of our parish and other parishes.
THE POWER OF PRAYER: You can request prayers for yourself, family and friends by calling St. Matthew’s Prayer Line 651.457.0228. You can request prayers for healing, family unhappiness, help to find a job, addiction to name a few. All requests are confidential.
- Parish Pastoral Council (send comments, suggestions) –
- Rev. Robert Kelly, O.P. (Parochial Administrator) –
- Mary Leibl (Coordinator of Volunteers) –
For more contacts, go to Contact Us page.
Lift Your Voice to the Lord
St. Matthew's Choir is in need of additional members; come lift your voice to the Lord. The Choir practices every other Sunday at 9:00 am through May 2019. All levels and abilities come join us.
Also needed are cantors and instrumentalists for weekend Masses. Do you play the guitar, flute, piano or other musical instrument? Please come share your time and talent with your parish. Call the parish office, contact mleibl@st- matts.org or just join us for practice.
Liturgical Ministry Schedule
Volunteer Opportunities and Parish Needs
"Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me!" – Isaiah 6:8
We need volunteers to continue the work of serving our parish and community. Currently we have 1 immediate opportunity and 4 continuing opportunities. Details here: st-matts.org/opportunities-needs
– Mary Leibl, Volunteer Coordinator
Faith Formation and Sacraments
CONFIRMATION LAUNCH: All St. Matthew Confirmation candidates and their families are invited to attend the St. Matthew 10:00 am Mass on Sunday, October 28. After Mass, we will host Coffee Sunday, which will be a potluck brunch with the dishes provided by Confirmation families. Everyone who comes to 10;00 am Mass is invited to the potluck brunch. There will also be a meeting for Confirmation candidates and their parents in the Social Hall after Mass. Confirmation families need to arrive by 9:45 am and plan to stay until noon that day. Please RSVP to Janelle Rohr, or by telephone or text 651-242-6004.
Latest Blog News
- St Matthew October 2018 Calendar
- St Matthew September 2018 Calendar
- St. Matthew August 2018 Calendar
- St Matthew July 2018 Calendar
- St Matt's June 2018 Calendar
- St-Matt's May 2018 Calendar
- St. Matt's April 2018 Calendar
- St-Matt's March 2018 Calendar
- St-Matt's February 2018 Calendar
- St-Matts-January 2018 Calendar
The Good News
- Class of 2014 High School Grads Share Plans and Advice As They Head to College
- Message from Fr. Steve
- Dollar-For-Dollar Matching until June 30
- Music Teacher Kristina Guiffre Makes Fundamentals Fun
- Reunion Sunday Mass and Breakfast
- Class of 1968 Celebrates its 50th Anniversary
- Why I Give: Kathryn Grayson (’02)
- 8th Grade Class Trip to Wolf Ridge
- COS Student Awarded Flaherty Foundation Scholarship
- Boys Basketball Team Makes It To Championship
Community of Saints Regional Catholic School News
Community of Saints is excited to announce that they will once again be hosting a Halloween Dance! The dance will take place in the Community of Saints' gymnasium on Friday, October 26th from 6:30-9:30pm. In addition to the school community, the dance is open to their sponsoring parish communities as well! The cost of the dance is $5/person or $20/immediate family, and includes a DJ, games and opportunities to purchase food and refreshments at concessions. Please note: all students must be accompanied by an adult. This is not a chaperoned event. Thank you, and they hope to see you there! Questions? Call the COS: 651-457-2510.
Our middle school students will be helping set up an ofrenda in the St. Michael church for Los Dias Los Muertos (Wednesday, October 31st-Friday, November 2nd). The school students and staff are welcome to place items on the ofrenda such as pictures and favorite treats that honor their lost loved ones.
Also, our fifth grade classes will be performing a presentation for All Saints' Day at our school Mass on Thursday, November 1st. Student Mass is typically every Thursday morning at 9:10am. All are welcome to attend the student Masses.