Worship and Prayer
Season of Lent 2019
Download full Lenten schedule (PDF file): Lent at St Matthew 2019-r
Stations of the Cross will take place every Monday at 6:30 pm during Lent, beginning Monday, March 11th.
New weekend Mass times. Fr. Steve Adrian presiding.
- Saturday at 4:15 pm
- Sunday at 10:15 am
New daily Mass times:
- Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 8:00 am
- Wednesday at 8:00 am: Sacred Scripture/Communion Service
- Thursday at 9:10 am at Community of Saints School in West St. Paul (St. Michael's campus)
New Reconciliation times:
- 1st & 3rd Saturday: After 4:15 Mass until 5:40 pm
- 2nd & 4th Sunday: After 10:15 Mass until 11:40 am
THE POWER OF PRAYER: You can request prayers for yourself, family and friends by calling St. Matthew’s Prayer Line 651.457.0228. You can request prayers for healing, family unhappiness, help to find a job, addiction to name a few. All requests are confidential.
Faith Formation and Sacraments
Our First Reconciliation service for children was held on Saturday, March 9. Fr. Stephen Adrian was the presider.
COMMUNITY DINNER THANK YOU. Huge thanks to the wonderful helpers at the March Community Dinner: Kitchen help: Kathleen Thompson, Bonnie Schoep, Mary Davidson, Mary Hozza, Myrna Bertram, Mike Bauer, Becky Montgomery. Social Hall help: Christian Hozza, Lady Bungue-Jones, Cecilia Bungue-Jones, Hana Honig, Clara Dubuc. Supplies help: Kathy Schowalter, Tim Nowak. Meeting help: Dave Sonday, Maribel Alvarez. Thanks to the people who brought desserts to share. Thanks to Confirmation families who helped with clean up. Please pray for our 23 Confirmation candidates who will celebrate the sacrament on March 17 at the Cathedral of Saint Paul. May the strength of God guide them.
March 17, 2019 Confirmation at the Cathedral of Saint Paul. See photo of confirmands.
Liturgical Ministry Schedule
Thanks for your continued help! Jan Lackner JML3242[at]aol.com
Volunteer Opportunities and Parish Needs
"Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me!" – Isaiah 6:8
We need volunteers to continue the work of serving our parish and community. Currently we have 1 immediate opportunity and 4 continuing opportunities. Details here: st-matts.org/opportunities-needs
– Mary Leibl, Volunteer Coordinator
Latest Blog News
- St Matthew March 2019 Calendar
- St Matthew February 2019 Calendar
- St Matthew January 2019 Calendar
- St Matthew October 2018 Calendar
- St Matthew September 2018 Calendar
- St. Matthew August 2018 Calendar
- St Matthew July 2018 Calendar
- St Matt's June 2018 Calendar
- St-Matt's May 2018 Calendar
- St. Matt's April 2018 Calendar
- St-Matt's March 2018 Calendar
Support St. Matt's via Amazon Smile
Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. When searching among the many charities registered at smile.amazon.com, type in “St Matthew Church St Paul” and you’ll find us.
You can use this link to choose St. Matt's as your charity: smile.amazon.com/ch/41-0707559
The Good News
Brought to you by Alums and Families and Friends in support of Community of Saints Regional Catholic School.
Click to download PDF:
- Fr. Steve’s Column
- COS Partners With University of Notre Dame Alliance for Catholic Education (ACE)
- General Joe Votel ’72
- Classes of 1969
- Marge Milner Will Retire After Teaching for 30 Years
- Remembering St. Michael’s School: Gerald Kegler 1950-1959
- Remembering St. Matthew’s School: Mark Votel 1951-1958
- Join us for Reunion Sunday! April 28, 2019
- Celebrate Mass with Archbishop Hebda, Thursday, April 4, 9:10 am, COS School
Community of Saints Regional Catholic School News
Community of Saints Regional Catholic School is excited to announce that we have agreed to purchase the entirety of the property from the Church of St. Michael. The sale will allow the Church of St. Michael to pay all of its outstanding debt and financial obligations and for Catholic education to continue on campus.From Father Steve: “This opportunity provides Community of Saints and its families with long-term stability. All of our families, staff, and stakeholders know we are here for the long haul. It’s an honor to carry on St. Michael’s legacy of Catholic education.”
Community of Saints has already made improvements to the facility in recent years with roof repairs and a boiler replacement. A facilities committee of their newly formed Board of Directors will be creating a comprehensive plan to address facility improvement and maintenance needs.
Keep watching for news here, and please visit communityofsaints.org