Fall Festival, September 22-23
Our Fall Festival committee will meet Monday, September 10th at 6:30 p.m. at the Parish Center. We welcome new members to join the group, bring along your new thoughts and ideas. Needed this year are folks to head up individual events. The Festival can’t be a success without volunteers, come be the success behind our Fall Festival 2018!
Hoopfest (the basketball competition) has been canceled. We couldn't find anyone to run it in the school gym. Maybe next year!
Fall Festival signs: Look in your closets, out in your garages, down your basements; we are missing many of the new lawn signs that were printed last year. We want to reuse them this year, so please bring them with you to Mass or to the Parish Center during regular business hours. We need to advertise to get people to come join us at this year’s Fall Festival!!
NEW ITEMS are needed for the Silent Auction. Things for Teens, Moms, Dads, Babies, Sporting Goods, Tickets to Sporting Events and Concerts Small Appliances. Restaurant Gift Cards, Sports Jersey, Electronic Notepads, Cell Phone, Tools, Cookware. Gas Gift Gard, Car Wash Gift Card. Shop at St. Matthew’s Scrip Table!
Gift Cards are needed for the Paddle Wheel Game, please donate. Thank you.
Donations are tax deductible, save your receipt.
Worship and Prayer
- Parish Pastoral Council (send comments, suggestions) –
- Rev. Robert Kelly, O.P. (Parochial Administrator) –
- Mary Leibl (Coordinator of Volunteers) –
For more contacts, go to Contact Us page.
Liturgical Ministry Schedule
Volunteer Opportunities and Parish Needs
"Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me!" – Isaiah 6:8
We need volunteers to continue the work of serving our parish and community. Currently we have 3 immediate opportunities and 4 continuing opportunities. Details here: st-matts.org/opportunities-needs
– Mary Leibl, Volunteer Coordinator
Faith Formation and Sacraments
CATECHETICAL SUNDAY CELEBRATION: 9/16/18, Mass at 10 AM, brunch to follow.
FIRST NIGHT OF CLASS: September 19, 2018, 6:30 PM.
There are still a few more weeks to enjoy summer vacation, but we are looking toward the start of school and our Faith Formation Program as well. St. Matthew's will have Faith Formation Registration the weekends of August 11-12 and August 25-26 following the Masses. You will have the opportunity to register your child(ren) for class in grades 1 through 8 and for 1st Holy Communion and Confirmation. Also, as a special note, if you have a school age child who will enter the Faith Formation program and has not yet been baptized, please call the Parish Office and speak to Linda Rivera to arrange baptism in the near future.
You may also register online here: st-matts.org/ff-register/
Latest Blog News
- St Matthew September 2018 Calendar
- St. Matthew August 2018 Calendar
- St Matthew July 2018 Calendar
- St Matt's June 2018 Calendar
- St-Matt's May 2018 Calendar
- St. Matt's April 2018 Calendar
- St-Matt's March 2018 Calendar
- St-Matt's February 2018 Calendar
- St-Matts-January 2018 Calendar
The Good News
- Class of 2014 High School Grads Share Plans and Advice As They Head to College
- Message from Fr. Steve
- Dollar-For-Dollar Matching until June 30
- Music Teacher Kristina Guiffre Makes Fundamentals Fun
- Reunion Sunday Mass and Breakfast
- Class of 1968 Celebrates its 50th Anniversary
- Why I Give: Kathryn Grayson (’02)
- 8th Grade Class Trip to Wolf Ridge
- COS Student Awarded Flaherty Foundation Scholarship
- Boys Basketball Team Makes It To Championship
Community of Saints Regional Catholic School News
Tuition Credit Available! $1,000 New Student Credit – any new K-8 student who enrolls in the 2018-2019 school year will receive a $1,000 credit. Additionally, need-based tuition assistance is available for all our families and these credits do not affect the amount of tuition assistance a family may receive.
25% Referral Credit – Current or new families who refer another family will receive a 25% tuition credit for the 2018-2019 school year if the family enrolls. Refer more than 1 family – receive an additional 10% for the 2018-2019 school year for each additional family. This credit does not affect the amount of need-based tuition assistance a family may receive. Referrals are credited per new family regardless of number of students in family.
Contact the school with any questions: 651-457-2510;