Blazing Forward: 50th Anniversary of the Church Fire, April 14-15
Read all about our gathering which will include pictures, items and recollections of the fire that destroyed our church on April 15, 1968. The main event is a 10:00 Mass celebration on Sunday followed by a free brunch. Our celebrant will be Fr. Steve Adrian who turns 76 that day (we'll have a big birthday cake for him). Note that there will also be an informal showing of memorabilia with light snacks, refreshments and live background music on Saturday evening from 5 to 7 pm (for those who can't make it Sunday).
Where were you on April 15, 1968? Did you see the church burn or take pictures of it after the fire? Please contact us if you have memorabilia we could borrow for the weekend. Read more and please comment.
Faith Formation and Sacraments
Children’s Liturgy of the Word: Teachers are needed for our 20-minute Children’s Liturgy of the Word sessions held during the Sunday 10 AM Mass. You teach a small group of kids ages 3 to 6 and have a student helper with you in the chapel. Curriculum is provided, as are craft supplies. To find out more, including about VIRTUS training, contact Faith Formation coordinator Janelle Rohr, firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-457-3522.
Community of Saints News
Announcing Early Catholic Family Life (ECFL) at Community of Saints!
Do you want to connect with like-minded parents in a welcoming and supportive environment? Do you want to learn the best in child development and how to teach the Faith? Do you want to deepen your relationship with your child? Then join us for Early Catholic Family Life (ECFL)!
At ECFL, we believe that a child’s first and most important teachers are his or her parents. Our mission is simple—connect parents with their peers and empower them to raise their children optimally in the Faith.
ECFL welcomes families with children 0-5 years old. Its 8 sessions facilitate parent-child interaction, parent discussion time, and children’s learning time.
We are excited to bring this opportunity to our school and sponsoring parishes’ communities. We will be offering the program at Community of Saints on Saturdays from 9am-11am, beginning April 7th and ending May 26th. There will be a cost of $5 per session. Please contact the school office to learn more, ask questions and sign up! Angie Lopez: 651-457-2510 or .
Walk-In Wednesday, March 21st
We will hosting another Walk-In Wednesday from 1-6pm on March 21st. PreK-8 prospective families can "walk-in" any time during those hours for a personal tour. Tours in Spanish will also be available. If you know anyone looking for a high-quality, Catholic education that is affordable, please send them our way! All families will leave with a gift bag.
The Season of Lent
Invite your family to Stations of the Cross each Friday during Lent at 4:00 pm, and then to dinner at our Fish Fry – 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. More info here.
Enchilada Dinner at Our Lady Of Guadalupe
Something different for Lent – serving from 11:30 am. To 6:30 p.m. Fridays during Lent through March 30th. Available for eat-in or take-out, small dinners are just $6.00 and the large dinners are $10.00. One dozen enchiladas are $20.00 and are available for take-out only. Accepting cash, checks and credit cards.
Latest Blog News
- St-Matt's March 2018 Calendar (PDF file)
- St-Matt's February 2018 Calendar (PDF file)
- St-Matts-January 2018 Calendar (PDF file)
The Good News
- Isaac’s Wish — To Help Homeless
- Message from Fr. Steve
- 50 Years Later…We Remember the Fire.
- April 15: Remember St. Matthew’s old church and the fire that destroyed it. 10 a.m. Mass followed by brunch in the Social Hall (free will offering). RSVP to Linda Rivera at the Parish Center — 651-224-9793.
- St. Matthew’s Class of ’68 50 Year Reunion
- First Girls Basketball Team
- Lunch Monitor and the Firecracker
- Collecting Green Stamps For The Nuns’ First Car
- Alum David McDonald Adds A&F&F to Christmas List
- Good Friends, Good School
- St. Michael Class of 1968
- St. John Vianney Class of 1968
- Students Thank Supporters in Prayer and in Person
- School Awarded Healy Foundation Grant for Successful Registration Drive
- Catholic Schools Week Celebrates Friendship, Learning and Service
- Once-A-Month Donor Linda Sellars