St. Matthew’s 30th Annual Lenten Fish Fries
Every Friday during Lent
March 8 through April 19
4:30 pm to 7:30 pm
St. Matthew’s Social Hall
510 Hall Ave, St. Paul, MN 55107
Curbside ordering and pickup
Click here for special Good Friday "Fish & Chips" pricing & menu
Worship and Prayer
Season of Lent 2019
Download full Lenten schedule (PDF file): Lent at St Matthew 2019-r
Stations of the Cross will take place every Monday at 6:30 pm during Lent, beginning Monday, March 11th.
New weekend Mass times. Fr. Steve Adrian presiding.
- Saturday at 4:15 pm
- Sunday at 10:15 am
New daily Mass times:
- Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 8:00 am
- Wednesday at 8:00 am: Sacred Scripture/Communion Service
- Thursday at 9:10 am at Community of Saints School in West St. Paul (St. Michael's campus)
New Reconciliation times:
- 1st & 3rd Saturday: After 4:15 Mass until 5:40 pm
- 2nd & 4th Sunday: After 10:15 Mass until 11:40 am
THE POWER OF PRAYER: You can request prayers for yourself, family and friends by calling St. Matthew’s Prayer Line 651.457.0228. You can request prayers for healing, family unhappiness, help to find a job, addiction to name a few. All requests are confidential.
Faith Formation and Sacraments
Our First Reconciliation service for children was held on Saturday, March 9. Fr. Stephen Adrian was the presider.
March 17, 2019 Confirmation at the Cathedral of Saint Paul. See photo of confirmands.
Liturgical Ministry Schedule
Thanks for your continued help! Jan Lackner JML3242[at]aol.com
Volunteer Opportunities and Parish Needs
"Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me!" – Isaiah 6:8
We need volunteers to continue the work of serving our parish and community. Currently we have 1 immediate opportunity and 4 continuing opportunities. Details here: st-matts.org/opportunities-needs
– Mary Leibl, Volunteer Coordinator
Latest Blog News
- St Matthew April 2019 Calendar
- St Matthew March 2019 Calendar
- St Matthew February 2019 Calendar
- St Matthew January 2019 Calendar
- St Matthew October 2018 Calendar
- St Matthew September 2018 Calendar
Support St. Matt's via Amazon Smile
Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. When searching among the many charities registered at smile.amazon.com, type in “St Matthew Church St Paul” and you’ll find us.
You can use this link to choose St. Matt's as your charity: smile.amazon.com/ch/41-0707559
The Good News
Brought to you by Alums and Families and Friends in support of Community of Saints Regional Catholic School.
Click to download PDF:
- Fr. Steve’s Column
- COS Partners With University of Notre Dame Alliance for Catholic Education (ACE)
- General Joe Votel ’72
- Classes of 1969
- Marge Milner Will Retire After Teaching for 30 Years
- Remembering St. Michael’s School: Gerald Kegler 1950-1959
- Remembering St. Matthew’s School: Mark Votel 1951-1958
- Join us for Reunion Sunday! April 28, 2019
- Celebrate Mass with Archbishop Hebda, Thursday, April 4, 9:10 am, COS School
Community of Saints Regional Catholic School News
Feliz del dia del Nino! All are welcome to join us for our first annual Children's Day Festival. The celebration will take place Saturday, April 27th, 11:30 am - 1:30 pm in the Community of Saints gymnasium. Admission is FREE, and includes games, snacks, music and a whole lot of fun! It is an event you cannot miss, and we hope to see you and your family there!
Lenten Service Project: We are in the midst of our classroom Coin Wars to raise money for NEGU (Never Ever Give Up) Joy Jars. This organization supports youth with cancer. The money we raise will be used to purchase items/toys that go into the Joy Jars. Students will also have the option of donating rubber ducks which are a toy that is place in every Joy Jar sent to children battling cancer. We will also be writing cards of encouragement to children receiving their Joy Jars in hospitals.
Keep watching for news here, and please visit communityofsaints.org