Blazing Forward: 50th Anniversary of the Church Fire, Rescheduled to April 28-29
Join us in the Social Hall to reminisce about the church fire fifty years ago. Watch a short video of the church burning, view newspaper clippings and photos, read a personal account of the fire and see memorabilia.
Saturday evening, April 28th – 5 to 7 p.m. – Snacks will be served
Sunday morning, April 29th– 11:00 am to 1:00 pm- Breakfast Brunch - Free willoffering.
We are also celebrating Father Steve Adrian’s 76th birthday with cake and ice cream both days. He will also be the celebrant for Sunday mass at 10:00 a.m.
The Catholic Order of Foresters has kindly offered to share the Sunday event space with us in honor of their 125thanniversary. They were scheduled to have a brunch Sunday morning and we will combine both anniversaries. They will have a table with information so stop by and learn about them.
Reunion Sunday Reminder
All Schools Reunion, May 20, 2018
Mass will be celebrated at 11:00 am at Community of Saints (former St. Michael’s Church).
There will be some sharing of food and tours of the school building. Please RSVP to the COS office 651.457.2510 so we have enough food.
Special invitation to the members of classes celebrating 25 (1993), 50 (1968), 60 (1958), 70 (1948) & 75 (1943).
Faith Formation and Sacraments
First Communion Practice: For children registered to receive First Communion in May at the Church of St. Matthew, please come to First Communion practice on Wednesday, May 2, at 7:00 pm in St. Matthew Church. We will do the final preparation so that children are ready for the sacrament. Registered First Communion children must attend the practice on May 2 with at least one parent or guardian. Questions? Contact Janelle Rohr, 6512426004 or Janelle@stmatts.org.
First Communions During Mass: We will celebrate First Communion during the Sunday, May 6, Mass at 10:00 am and during the Saturday, May 12, Mass at 4:00 pm. First Communion families will be seated in the two center aisles in the front rows. The group on Saturday, May 12, will take most of the seating in the center aisles. Thank you for welcoming, accommodating, and helping us celebrate this sacrament with the children who have been preparing for it either through attendance at Wednesday evening Faith Formation classes or at Community of Saints Regional Catholic School.
Faith Formation: Thank you to our Faith Formation teachers for generously giving their time from September to April to teach public school students in grades 110 on Wednesday evenings. Our teachers are Maribel Alvarez, Tim Daizell, Ellen Schneider, Dave Sonday, Victoria Wanna, and Sister Anne Becker. Our sacraments teachers are Jeanne Maanum, Megan McGill Roby, Joanne Smith, and Dave Sonday, and our Wednesday evening front desk volunteer is Chris Avalos. Each year, there are openings for a few new teachers and openings for helpers with extra small “jobs”registration, hospitality, etc. For more information on volunteering in the program, please contact Faith Formation coordinator Janelle Rohr, Janelle@stmatts.org or call 651224 9793. St. Matthew Faith Formation ended on April 25 and will resume on September 19.
(Note: The parish also wishes to thank Janelle Rohr, Faith Formation Director, for her continued hard work and service to the St. Matthew’s Faith Formation program and the children of St. Matthew’s.)
Latest Blog News
- St. Matt's April 2018 Calendar
- St-Matt's March 2018 Calendar
- St-Matt's February 2018 Calendar
- St-Matts-January 2018 Calendar
The Good News
- Isaac’s Wish — To Help Homeless
- Message from Fr. Steve
- 50 Years Later…We Remember the Fire.
- April 15: Remember St. Matthew’s old church and the fire that destroyed it. 10 a.m. Mass followed by brunch in the Social Hall (free will offering). RSVP to Linda Rivera at the Parish Center — 651-224-9793.
- St. Matthew’s Class of ’68 50 Year Reunion
- First Girls Basketball Team
- Lunch Monitor and the Firecracker
- Collecting Green Stamps For The Nuns’ First Car
- Alum David McDonald Adds A&F&F to Christmas List
- Good Friends, Good School
- St. Michael Class of 1968
- St. John Vianney Class of 1968
- Students Thank Supporters in Prayer and in Person
- School Awarded Healy Foundation Grant for Successful Registration Drive
- Catholic Schools Week Celebrates Friendship, Learning and Service
- Once-A-Month Donor Linda Sellars